Wednesday, July 19, 2006

tired

I've had a very productive but very long day today. I finished revising a manuscript that I really hope will get published in this round, now I just need to find a few last references for it. I seemed to have written something without giving proper credit and now I can't find where I read it. That'll teach me! It gives me such a sense of accomplishment when something like that is finally out of my hands. Then I helped a student do an experiment on her own for the first time and was able to see her happiness when the experiment worked! It is such a thrill when you teach someone and then see their sense of accomplishment when they can do it on their own.
Then... (see how the day goes on?) I had to do some of my own experiments and finally go help some of my new colleagues/bosses work on their experiment. That one usually goes until midnight or so. I am pretty tired now, but the really good news are that my job is changing soon. I will be learning a completely new technique to me and will be working with some of the best people in the field. They are not only extremely knowledgable, but are also wonderful mentors willing to teach. That's very rare. So even though this means lots of midnight hour experiments and lots of studying of background information, I think I will learn so much!
But best of all - all this means I have a job for at least two more years - yippie!

1 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger AnneMarie said...

yippee is right, baby! I am so happy you like your job and it's not just going to "work" It makes it all worth while!
you put in so many hours it's unreal but I know I did the same when starting out... so are you going to be teaching more?? I didn't even know you were doing that! cheers to YOU!
can't wait to see what you do today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home