Thursday, July 20, 2006

Cooking and Cravings

I'm having some friends over on Sat for a little summer party/move-in celebration, so I spent most of the evening cooking in preparation for Sat. If I can get everything made before Sat, then I can spend the day cleaning and setting up. That's the plan... So I baked two roasts on Sun and Mon and they are already in the freezer, tonight I cooked a ton of potatos and eggs for a potato salad (my mom's recipe), and I baked about 12 red peppers for a salad with some olive oil and garlic. I think I'm in pretty good shape. But more interestingly, this morning I made some tuna salad for my sandwich that I take for lunch. And that brings me to the topic of cravings... I've been craving tuna lately - don't know why, but I can't get enough of it. Some canned tuna, some dill relish, mayo, and hard boiled eggs all mixed up and served on white bread - yum! I had a sandwich last night for dinner, today for lunch, and as soon as I was finished eating the sandwich, I couldn't wait til tomorrow when I could eat it again! What is up with that? Now I can understand craving chocolate, or ice cream, or such, but tuna???

3 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger AnneMarie said...

whatchew got, baby? tryin' to tell me sumthin? lol!
I love a good tuna salad- so easy to make.. just might have to do that this weekend!
can't today- too much to do with the kids :)
party... cool! love those and a house warming is even better! don't forget to take pictures!!!!
your favorite sister :)

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger AnneMarie said...

what? no comment on teh party? must have been a good one since you haven't written... hello.. anybody there?

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger JB said...

hello, McFly!?!
Yes, I'm here, and having a great time talking with you like this.... You had asked about teaching in another comment - I don't teach any classes per se, but we get students that volunteer in the lab in order to gain experience or learn new things. So it is more like mentoring which is nice because it is more personal but also more demanding in some ways. I do enjoy it very much, although I don't have as much time to devote to it as I would like.
My student right now will be returning to her college in the middle of August, but I am supposed to get another student pretty soon. This one should be able to stay throughout the year which would be really nice because then he could help me with some experiments. And that's the story about my teaching...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home