Monday, July 24, 2006

Slacker

I realize I've been slacking in my writing here, but then again, it's not really a requirement right? It is very relaxing though to just sit back and think about your day or days as is my case. The weekend went by so quickly, but it was really good. I managed to catch up on my unpacking and cleaning (that I've been slacking on) before the party and a good time was had by all. I even managed to find some Shiner Bock beer for the party - apparently people like it even this far north :-) . The food was delicious because it was almost all gone by the end of the night and most people skipped dessert because they were still too full from the dinner. Oh and just for the record, I did try to take pictures, but my camera batteries were completely dead, not just a little dead, but completely dead! So, there are no pics. But one of these days I'll have to upload some other photos of people I work with and hang out with...
My boss came back today from his vacation in Africa on safari. How cool is that? He said it was amazing seeing all those animals in the wild - completely different than in the zoo of course. I would love to experience that one day. He even brought me a present which was very nice of him - a necklace and matching earings made out of horns. Very pretty and thoughtfull. I really have to say that despite all the politics that go into workplaces (or any other social situation really), I work with some amazing people. They are not perfect, but for the most part, are very easy to get along with and very knowledgable. Something to be grateful for.

2 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger AnneMarie said...

wow! horny earrings! lol! only I would say that to you! ha!
I like getting into your day like this too... kind of like being in the same house... but not...

hey....
want some? (toothpaste that is! ;) )

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger JB said...

I need some toothpaste right about now - I just got back from work and should be in bed snoring - but i gotta brush my teeth first. And read this blogger of course... :-) You've created a monster I tell ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home