Sunday, December 31, 2006

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


The holidays are going by so quickly! My favorite part of the holidays so far has been visiting with my "second family". Yes, I am blessed to have two wonderful, albeit somewhat disfunctional, families that I love with all of my heart. Every year at Christmas I can only spend time with one - something about them being in opposite parts of the world - can't imagine why that would be a problem. I had the most wonderful time catching up, watching how much the kids have grown, playing with all of them, laughing, crying, and eating the most delicious food (particularly desserts). I even had a chance to go see Santa with one of my sisters and her kids. It is so amazing to see the magic light up in their eyes when they sit with Santa. And I even got a hug too! Whoever says Santa is not real - watch out, I might have to *%&#*$ you up ;-)
One look at the kids and it is all very real and we all need a little magic in our lives...

I had a chance to talk to my family and L over the phone - that also meant a lot to me. My parents and my brother's family decorated the tree Christmas eve and then went on to the midnight mass at the cathedral. Both of my nephews sang in the choir for that mass and everyone said it was beautiful. My older nephew really loves to sing and has already been in a couple of operas with his choir - they are really good!
Speaking of additional families - I seem to be getting closer to adding another family in my life. Although it is really too soon to tell, L and I seem to be pretty serious about each other. I really hope everything continues to develop as well as it has so far because I have never been in a relationship as honest and open as this one. So anyway, who knows, maybe there will be a third family in my life afterall...

And tonight... L and I are going to DC for a New Year's Eve party! Who knows what 2007 will bring?
I wish you all a very safe evening and many fulfilled dreams in the new year!

2 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger AnneMarie said...

have you read these posts again?
seriously.. what did 2007 bring? lol!
more joy than you ever knew!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger AnneMarie said...

I just looked a little closer to this picture and see an orb in it in the top left :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home