Tuesday, October 24, 2006

babies






Finally a moment to tell another story... I am kind of ignoring things that are happening daily just to continue this small journal about my summer trip. I think it helps keep my relaxed, vacation attitude - at least that's what I'm telling myself. So, yes, where was I? Babies!
One of the special treats this summer was the timing - my second cousin and one of my best friends from childhood had babies!
My cousin Ivana had her first baby - a boy! His name is Vid and he was only three weeks old when we went to see him. Isn't he precious? I always forget how tiny they are... She is very happy to be a mom especially because she has had a rough time last year. Both of her parents died last year as well as her grandmother. So she is kind of alone (with her husband) and I think the baby is a reminder that life goes on. I am thrilled for her!
The other baby is Jakov, born just a few days later (August 10). My friend Anita already has a baby girl, so she is a "pro" at this point. The other picture has her sister Irena, their mom, and all of the kids (Irena has three and Anita now has 2). We had a great time hanging out, talking, revisiting old memories and creating new ones. There is something to be said about old friends like that - no matter how far apart we may be and how little we actually stay in touch, in some ways, time stands still. So when we do see each other, it's like we were never apart.
I hope you enjoy the photos...

1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger AnneMarie said...

so love these photos!
Timmy's birthday buddy- now I get to see her!!!
hey, does your friend take pics and stuff??? tell her to keep itup! she'd be amazed at the changes there are weekly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home