Saturday, August 05, 2006

Sleep

I am in desperate need of sleep. I went to watch a tennis tournament in DC last night - the first "live show" i've attended. It was great! I had a blast, from watching really good players (these were the quarterfinals) , to wispering because everyone is supposed to be "quiet please!", people watching etc. DC is so well organized in terms of public transportation. The metro is great and gets you to most areas, but also, events like this one have shuttles organized that will pick you up from the nearest metro stop and take you directly to the tennis courts. Free of charge. And they do it as an incentive for people to take the public transportation instead of driving in. Fine with me! I prefer that anyway. Tennis was great - especially the doubles because they have fun and show a sense of humor when they play. It seems a bit more relaxed. There are also more unusual plays where they return the ball when noone expected it, so the stadium fills up with ooohhs and aahhhs. So much fun!
Well I didn't get home until 1:30 or so and by the time I wound down and went to sleep it was 3am. So then I had to get up at 6:45 to take a friend to the airport and have been up since. I'm beat! Saturdays are usually my day to sleep, and skipping it is really painful this time. I'm still hoping to catch a little afternoon nap maybe, but my chances are kind of slim. I'm at work right now trying to catch up on some unfinished business. I get so much more done with noone around. And then, I'm planning on going out again tonight, so I guess, it will be my fault that I am not getting enough sleep again. :-)

1 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger AnneMarie said...

you ALWAYS burn your candle at both ends! lol!

I love to play tennis!!! W wants to take it- just found out you have to pay to play on our city courts- can you believe it?? thought t was covered by taxes... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

anyway, I went to bed really early last night.. should have gotten up and done some things.. house is a pit!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home