Thursday, July 27, 2006

Work and vacation

Nothing too exciting happened today except that I went to pick up a friend from the airport. She just came back from spending a month in Germany for work. It sounds exciting except that she didn't have a whole lot of money to travel, was there for work, and doesn't speak German. All of that put together and a month can seem kinda long I think. So she was all smiles to be back, very tired smiles after over 20 hours of flying. She goes on her vacation tomorrow, so that will be the real R&R.
I can't wait to go on my R&R in three weeks!!! And I will stay for three weeks! I can't wait to swim in that blue sea, dive off the rocks, get a little tan... Most of all, I can't wait to see all of my family and friends. One of my cousins is supposed to have a baby in the beginning of Aug, so I should be able to see her and her son (and meet her husband too). My parents are already planning all this traveling along the coast - won't hear me complain! I feel like a tourist :-)
There will be a lot of firsts this summer: my cousin and her baby, seeing my brothers house on the coast, going to some of the coastal cities I haven't been to... I still can't believe that I am going for that long. I think my boss was shocked too because he sounded surprised when I told him the dates I will be gone. And then he just said: "Oh, good for you!". But it wasn't quite clear whether that meant "Wow, how did you get away with that?!?" or "Oh great, have a great time, you deserve it!". One of those things that make you go hmmmmm. I choose to believe the second version - what do you think?

2 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger AnneMarie said...

I think he is jealous.. wishing he could figure out how to take that time!!!
a buddy of mine took a whole month off of work- just got the job and now is taking off a month.. just to regain strength! there is ALOT to be said for that!

hey, stash me in your bag! I wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger JB said...

Well, come on, I got two suitcases - I can leave one available for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home