Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The heat

I think I live in Texas again. It has been so hot the last few days - we even broke a hundred I think, and the heat index is well into the hundreds. The humidity is unbelievable - pretty much feels like Houston in the middle of the summer. The worst part is - my apartment is not airconditioned. Well, at least there is no central air. I have three window units and if I leave all of them off during the day, my plants look like they're dead by the time I come home (I made that mistake yesterday). So today, I left one unit running all day and when I got home at 7:30 it was 81 in my apartment. Just imagine then what it was like yesterday! Since I got home they've all been on full blast and it finally got down to 75 at 10:45. Fabulous huh? I keep telling myself that I'm practicing for my trip to Europe where most houses aren't airconditioned either. Big difference though - there is a beautiful blue sea you can jump into to cool off during the day!
With all the heat, I find myself being very lazy after I come home. One of those staring into the space, lounging on the couch kinda feelings... (The photo is a few months old, but it conveys the feeling very well, lol)

1 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger AnneMarie said...

poor girl! I saw how hot it was.. boy! I would be running those units full blast!!! ugh!
what a way to spend a summer... think of cool sangria...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home