Monday, July 31, 2006

Dishes



It worked!!! ;-)
Well, this picture has nothing to do with my original blog for the day called "dishes". I decided to add a photo just as a trial thing and it worked - yeah! This is Lincoln memorial on 4th of July this year. We were sitting next to the reflecting pool a little closer to the actual fireworks, but as you can see there are tons of people sitting on the steps. These really are the most beautiful fireworks I've ever seen. Let me see if I can add a photo of them bursting in the air! Oh and now that I am having so much fun adding photos, here is a pic of a tree that got hit by the lighting about 20 ft from the reflecting pool, about 45 min before we got there! There was a huge storm that went through, we were very lucky. We were just coming out of the metro when it started storming. Stayed under the overhang until it passed and watched dozens of soaked people run to the metro. I think for most of them the 4th of July celebration ended right there. After it stoped raining we went through the security and found a wonderful empty lawn since now we were some of the first people back... It was a spectacular show! Well, the tree didn't work - let me try again... Still a no-go. I'll try to post it as a separate blog entry, but if that doesn't work, it will have to remain a mystery - you'll just have to come see me in person to see the pic :-)


Somehow, I constantly feel like I am surrounded by dirty dishes. Just when I get them all clean, there are new ones waiting in line - or at least it feels that way. I really hate doing dishes. And I really can't complain because I live alone - what would I say if I was taking care of a family? No clue, but one thing is for sure - my husband (whoever that may be) will have to participate in that activity.
On a happier note - since there is not much on TV worth watching this summer, I've been trying to catch up on Grey's Anatomy. I just started watching it towards the end of the last season and really loved it! Now they are showing both the first and the second season kind of simultaneously, so I am trying to catch up on all the story lines - it really is funny. I think this might be my favorite show now. What shows do you follow regularly? I'm still an avid fan of ER, and I did get roped into Lost (although I'm starting to lose interest because of too many unexplained things), and Apprentice. Even though that's a reality show (which I normally don't watch), I think this one is interesting from a business and "business politics" point of view. The interactions are interesting, particularly in situations that call for ethical or moral conduct.
Anyway, I'm spending time doing more useful things than watching TV at least until the fall. ;-)
Let me see if I can add a photo to this blog for today... I think the hardest part will be choosing what photo... Stay tuned :-) Apparently it didn't work, my internet crashed - maybe next time.

2 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger AnneMarie said...

I had to go back and add a pic of Mr T and Prince too!!! must be blogger.. whatever- try adding a new entry and see what happens

oldest dd will come and wash- she thinks it's fun!! give her bubbles and she is in- and does a good job! dishes are the pits!!

lllllove Grey's!!! a scrappy girl in Central Texas got me hooked- so love it!!! really written well!
I still watch ER.. .wonder if this is the last season... miss Carter... saw Goran whatshisface in amovie this weekend with Sandra Bullock and Tom Cruise's x.. what's her name? anyway- he played a bad guy! good for him! lol!

I like Lost alot and watch it when I can.... other shows.. I dont know.. Jeff just woke so I better go get all of them to bed... Mr T got a new tooth today! yippeee!

hey, can you blog from across the ocean?

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger AnneMarie said...

what great photos! wow!!!
love seeing what you see up there!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home