Saturday, April 07, 2007

Is it spring yet?

I've been gone a long time - too busy with life I suppose. This is a big weekend (Easter) and I am looking forward to celebrating the event with Luksa's family. We are planning on going to the cathedral for mass, and then indulge in a variety of sinfull, delicious food prepared by his mom. It should be a nice time. I do miss my American family too though and am picturing all of them gathering tomorrow with all the kids rummaging through their baskets as fast as they can to find that perfect candy or toy. There is always so much excitement - sometimes too much, but when I'm not part of it, I miss it anyway. Overall, I like things kinda hectic and full of life. My parents will be celebrating by themselves, but then they will go visit my brother tomorrow and pick up my nephews to bring them to Zagreb. They get another week of Spring break, so they will have a chance to play with their cousins in Zagreb. Fun for them!

The weather here is just weird! We go from having a couple of days in the 80s and then it snowed again last night! What is up with that? All the flowers are already blooming and now this cold is trying to freeze them to death. Even some of the Easter egg hunting events around the city have been cancelled because they were expecting such bad weather today. What a shame for the little ones.
I will be going to DC today to see the cherry blossoms - last chance this year! It is really cold outside, but I hope that means that there won't be too many people out there and I can take some nice photos. I love that scenery - it's like a fairytale. I will post some pics soon if I get a few good ones.
Well, happy Easter everybody! Enjoy all the blessings in your life, particularly family and friends! May God bless you always!

2 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger AnneMarie said...

how I miss you to pieces!!! I wish you were around... Easter was odd- seriously odd.. one sibling has decided to take a turn in her faith.. it won't always match the families.. I am sure you know who I am referring to...
we had snow here too!!! how wierd is that??? ugh! The azaleas around here were beautiful and now they are loosing the blooms earlier than they should.. whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I did get some chilly pics in bluebonnets...
can't wait to see you again :) Tell Luksa hi for us! can't wait to meet him.... don't tell him about the family chaos- he'll never want to come here...

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger AnneMarie said...

so wish I could have been there to get some first mommy shots of you in the cherry blossoms!!!
I wish the states were not so far apart!!!! now more than ever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home